Sunday 6 September 2009

you gotta love those hubs

spent the weekend dismantling and removing the hubs ready for a bit of a scrub up, i'm surprised the front brake did anything at all as it's missing the woodruff key so would just spin on the axle, which had no nut just a stack of washers and a split pin to hold it all together. trying to find a woodruff key for the front hub on the web seems nigh on impossible but I have a cunning plan, it looks likeI'll be welding 2 washers together then filing it down to fit which should make a reasonable job of it. The scrubbing didn't go according to plan as i need a small brush on my dremmel to get into the fiddly bits and i bought one that was too big for the chuck, i'll nip over to B&Q at lunchtime tomorrow and see if I can get a chuck or asmaller dremmel bit. On the plus side someone from work is going to lend me a compressor and paint gun and my mate Paul is a dab hand with the old spraying and has offered to paint it up for me all I need is the paint and plenty of wet- n -dry. I still havn't sorted out my wiring , the puller hasn't turned up yet and i'm itching to get the flywheel off. AAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment